Ahhh….the images we have in our head of the stuffy, usually British, Butler – almost always named Jeeves! But let’s be honest…most of us have no real reference other than a few TV sitcoms like “Benson”, “Family Affair” and “The Fresh Prince of Belair”. Or maybe “Downton Abbey”. In the real world, Butler Service is becoming a much sought-after perk at many All-Inclusive resorts and on some Cruises.
It sounds romantic having someone at your beck-and-call ready to serve you champagne and run your rose petal bath, but most travelers feel a little awkward at first knowing just what services a Butler can (and won’t) provide. And, is it really worth the extra cost? Only YOU can decide that. Most people travel to get away from the routines of daily life and Butler service can help you feel like a King or Queen for a week. Maybe it’s a special occasion like a Honeymoon or a Milestone Anniversary or Birthday. Or maybe – just maybe – you decide that you are just WORTH IT. Whatever your reason, Butler Service can make a huge difference in the quality of your vacation.
So what can a Butler add to your vacation? There are the obvious perks, like unpacking and packing your suitcase, making dinner and entertainment reservations, and making sure that you have your coffee delivered hot and fresh at a set time in the morning. But, I wanted to dig deeper…so I asked some of my fellow travel professionals to share their stories of some of the most wonderful examples of Butler service from their own clients’ vacations (or their own). Here are some of the replies:
· ”I had a couple who didn’t really know how to utilize their Butler until one day when they were leaving the resort to explore nearby beaches and the Butler asked if he could pack them a picnic lunch and some cold beers in a cooler to take with them. They would never have thought of that and it made their afternoon even more perfect”
· ”I came off the plane and then onto the resort property REALLY sick! My Butler didn’t leave my side and had special soup made for me. He then had the Spa bring in hot towels with these amazing-smelling hot essential oils. Finally, he went and made up a natural eucalyptus treatment and rubbed my feet and hands (wrapped with HOT HOT HOT towels). I was amazingly CURED in 2 hours…no joke! Now, I never ever leave my special "potion lotion" bottle at home when I travel!”
· ”Having a Butler was the best thing for us as a family. When my husband and I went to a rare adult-only dinner, the Butler took the kids out to dinner, rode them around in the golf cart, played ping pong with them, etc. They loved our Butlers by the end of the week. A great perk for families!!!”
· ”She walked us to dinner every night and made sure I had my favorite martini ready and waiting. She also reserved our spot at the beach and pool and had cold water in a cooler waiting. She also came over to us at the beach during lunch and took our order and brought us lunch. I can come
up with many more”
· ”I was surprising my husband with a new putter and the Butler wrapped it and had it waiting with breakfast on his birthday, along with reservations to play golf. He also whisked us to our reserved table at restaurants during the week while others waited in lines or with beepers.”
· ”I had some clients at Sandals Royal Caribbean recently and they had their Butler take over a cooler full of water and booze to the private island every day and set them up with chairs and an umbrella. They would also have a bottle of chilled Champagne and pre-dinner munchies waiting on their balcony each day at a certain time.”
So, what do you think? Is a Butler in your future? What a great gift to each other to enhance a special vacation, right? I always offer to upgrade clients to Butler rooms, because if I don’t, and then they get there and see what they could have had…they will be coming after me! Most clients who do splurge return from their adventure very pleased that they upgraded because of the enhanced experience. Just relax…and let the Butler do it!
Dreams Travel Consulting would love to help you plan your amazing trip to a Sandals or Beaches Location. Call/text 208-297-3237 or email@example.com